To participate in the competency activities and receive feedback from your instructor, you will need to have access to a video camera (on the phone or other device of familiarity) and be able to upload the video as an .mp4 file to the assignment pages for review. These activities are required in order to successfully pass the course.
ETS ParaPro Assessment
The ParaPro Assessment is a general aptitude test required in the states for paraprofessional certification. It also offers school districts an objective assessment of your foundation of knowledge and skills. It measures:
- skills and knowledge in reading, writing, and math
- ability to apply them when assisting in classroom instruction
See the State Requirements to see if it's required in your state.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
To apply and schedule an RBT certifying exam, you have to create a BACB account to obtain a BACB ID, and meet all the following eligibility requirements:
- 18(+) years old with a high school education or equivalent
- Passed criminal background check
- Passed abuse registry check
- Completion of a 40-hour training course with a score of 80% or higher
- Successfully complete an RBT Initial Competency Assessment
- Approved application from BACB
Effective January 1, 2023, only individuals who reside in the United States (US), Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (UK) may apply for BACB certification.