- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- Optional simulations require a 64-bit operating system
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
*Optional simulations are not screen reader or keyboard accessible. Simulation activities are not meant to be experienced on mobile devices. Personal computers should be used for these activities.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment. The following textbooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment:
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology, by Silberstein, Obrzut, Tomczyk, Whitman, and Johnson.
The following material will be available online:
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technology PDF
- EPA Section 608 Preparatory Manual - Optional Resource
Please Note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.
In addition to the texts listed above, you will also receive the HVAC/R Certified Technician's Tool Kit:
- The 66-piece tool kit includes a trades tool backpack with 44 pockets, featuring the following items:
- 13pc socket wrench set
- 12pc hex key set
- 11pc wrench set
- 3 screwdrivers
- 3 wrenches
- 2 pliers
- 2 snips
- 1 nut driver
- 1 swagging kit
- 1 long nose stripper
- 1 awl
- 1 set of shears
- 1 hammer
- 1 hand crimper
- 1 sheet metal tree scribe
- 1 notcher
- 1 seamer
- 1 telescopic tube cutter
- 1 tape measure
- 1 set of safety glasses
- 1 digital manifold
- 1 scientific calculator
- 1 multimeter
- 1 thermometer
- 1 fast-flo hose set
- 1 digital vacuum gauge
Material Fees are non-refundable upon registration
Please note: Due to the high cost of these items, tools will not be shipped until 10 days after your start date.